Monday 5 December 2011

The Xmas Mod Ball with Geno Washington ...

What a splendid evening, I got up and did my thing, but enough about me ...

Geno! Geno! Geno! What a performer, coming on looking like Othello, aged 68, quoting Shakespeare and singing like a proper bona-fide soul brother #1 ! His set was like a soul compilation CD I made back in the day - before mp3 players, but after cassettes - classic after classic and he didn't come up for air, just down with the soul and funk and more 'tween song witticism than any performer I've seen ...

Love to the Small Fakers and Melanie Dayna and John Hellier and all who enjoyed also ...

So, boxed ticked, played the legendary 100 Club ... seen the equally as legendary Geno Washington and shook his hand ... sorry, no pics ... they may follow, keep it locked on MattHenshaw11 - the blog that's 11 times as good as any other, or maybe you should read it eleven time-a-day to digest it properly because it's so erudite and literate - or maybe someday I'll tell you the true story of the number 11 ... I'll save that for a particularly slow news day ...

I needs to get me one of them smart phones dun'I ...

PEACE and Merry Chrimbo all the same ! x

Matt Henshaw